Wednesday, October 17, 2007

ephemera

As some of you know, my temperature spikes whenever I walk into a Paper Source store. For example, once, in a feverish haze, I walked out of the Oak Park outpost with three packages of intricate paper flower patterns. The fever didn't break for three days when, in the shower the morning after spending three hours putting together two modest daffodils, I realized I am not an intricate paper flower sort of girl. Oh, Paper Source! You had your way with me once again!

It's a far safer proposition (for my pocketbook) that I indulge my love for paper and textile arts at a virtual distance. For some reason, clicking to buy something just isn't so tempting to me. In any case, here are some of the beautiful things that have been making me a bit warm lately.







1) Custom wallpaper, installations, pillows, etc. from Catherine Hammerton; 2) Indie artwork and fashion from The Shiny Squirrel; 3) Watercolors from Swedish fashion illustrator Stina Wirsen (she did a series of stamps in Sweden that would be enough to make one swear off e-mail). This and more at Oh Joy!

1 comment:

LaTonya said...

See,

Lines like this are why we're friends:

"Oh, Paper Source! You had your way with me once again!"

When I read this, I laughed so hard, I almost choked on my sandwich.