I met Mary at Calvin College during the Festival of Faith and Writing almost five years ago. Neither of us lived in Grand Rapids, she wasn't even living in the US at the time. But was here to deliver a paper on Douglas Coupland (the author at the center of her dissertation) and I was here with friends from Chicago, including James. James and Mary had worked at a book store together back in their days in Chattanooga and were so pleased to run into each other again. So Mary and I met. (And that weekend we lounged in the grass with the boys at some point, apparently.) Five years later, we both live and work in Grand Rapids. And yesterday was her birthday. Happy that.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
meeting Mary
I met Mary at Calvin College during the Festival of Faith and Writing almost five years ago. Neither of us lived in Grand Rapids, she wasn't even living in the US at the time. But was here to deliver a paper on Douglas Coupland (the author at the center of her dissertation) and I was here with friends from Chicago, including James. James and Mary had worked at a book store together back in their days in Chattanooga and were so pleased to run into each other again. So Mary and I met. (And that weekend we lounged in the grass with the boys at some point, apparently.) Five years later, we both live and work in Grand Rapids. And yesterday was her birthday. Happy that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment