I'm in LA this weekend doing the movie critic thing. The air is blissfully warm and I feel like I've been wandering around from one perfect spot in the sun to another perfect spot in the sun pretty much all weekend. An embarrassment of riches. But my first night in town I crashed early (after sleeping two hours out of the previous 36, I was in no condition for the party scene in the lobby of my very posh hotel) and splurged with an in-room movie. I'd been waiting for Rachel Getting Married to make it to Grand Rapids and was excited to see it on the menu. I was even more pleased after the movie when I realized this might be my favorite movie of 2008. Every frame is buzzing with life and music. I hope any wedding I have will be as rich in friends and grace and hope. At the rehearsal dinner the mother-of-the-groom says, "This is how it is in heaven." I think she might be right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment