Sunday, June 22, 2008

"splashes of color"

On this trip to my uncle's studio I tried a new kind of stained glass project for me--a mosaic. I'm pretty happy with the results of my first time out. I worked from right to left, starting with the green piece of glass and fitting subsequent pieces together in free form fashion until I'd filled the base on which I was working. It will take a few weeks for the glue I used to completely dry, but the glass will eventually be transparent again. If you click on the picture to blow it up you'll see that most of the glass has a texture with fine lines and a few bubbles in it that I really dig. I'm not sure how I'll finish off the edges. Hmmm... In any case, I think next time I'll try to go in with a pattern and see how that works.

1 comment:

dena said...

fantastic, lisa! i love the colors you chose. looks like a great success for your first mosaic!